Most Sundays, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time, we hold our weekly meeting at the temple in El Monte, California. This meeting offers Tao-oriented presentations from Bill, Ed and Derek. Currently, Derek is lecturing on the Tao Te Ching one chapter at a time. We want to make this meeting available to everyone through the Internet. Thanks to Bill Bunting’s effort, we are able to offer online virtual meetings using GoToWebinar.
- You need an audio-enabled PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone with high-speed access to the internet.
- Web cam and microphone are not requirements.
- You do not need to spend any money beyond the equipment you are already own. There is nothing to buy, no subscription or membership fees. The meeting is and will always be free.
- If you want to, you can purchase the books that are sometimes referenced in the meetings. This is completely optional, not a requirement:
How to Join
- Step 1: Get on the mailing list for weekly notifications
- Go to freelists.org/list/taomeeting. Do this a few days before the meeting to give the system a chance to include you.
- Type in your e-mail address, select “Subscribe” and click on “Go!”
- You’ll receive a confirmation message in your inbox that says “Request received for list ‘taomeeting’ via request address.” There’s no need to reply to this message. You are now part of the mailing list and will receive the weekly meeting notifications. You only have to do this once, unless you change your email and wish to sign up with the new email address.
- If you run into any problems with the above, you can always get in touch with us. Bill Bunting will serve as your contact to help you with any questions or issues.
- Be sure to check the calendar to see if there is a meeting scheduled for the Sunday coming up.
- Step 2: Register for the webinar
- On the Saturday right before the meeting, you will receive an e-mail containing simple instructions. Use the link in it to register for the webinar, if you have not already done so. Please note that the notification usually goes out on Saturday, so if you wait until Sunday to subscribe to the mailing list, you may not be able see the notification until the following Saturday.
- If you are in a different time zone, you may wish to consult a world clock web site to be sure you are online at the right time on the day of the meeting.
- GoToWebinar will send you meeting reminders and a link to the meeting. When accessing the meeting for the first time, you may want to allocate an extra fifteen minutes before the meeting starts to install the GoToWebinar software.You only need to do this once. This is one of the reasons why the GoToWebinar notification shows a starting time half an hour earlier than the actual meeting start time — to allow for software installation and equipment setup.
- That’s it! You should now be able to see and hear the meeting.